- Project Address: 99 John Street
- Building Name: Deco Lofts
- Number of Units: 439 Units
- Management Company: Midboro Management
- Project Type: Complete Hallway Restoration
- Project Duration: 20 weeks
- Project Scope: Custom carpet, custom architectural fixtures, wall coverings
- Carpet: Ulster Axminster
- Wall Covering: Koroseal & Wolf Gordon
- Building Description:
Located in the Financial District of New York City, the 99 John Deco Lofts were constructed in 1933 during an architectural renaissance of Art Deco structures. The building was designed by the renowned group of designers and architects who gave Manhattan the Empire State Building. Originally built as office space, 99 John Street was the headquarters of countless businesses for more than 60 years until it was converted to residential use in 1999.
The impressive building’s exterior is beautifully covered in limestone and granite, while the interior maintains an old-world feel. The lobby is adorned with marble and original murals by Giancarlo Impligia. On the fifth floor, there is a zen garden along with a rooftop terrace from which residents can gaze upon views of the East River as well as the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges. Additional amenities include a recreation lounge, screening room, and fitness center.